Landmark Georgian Colonial. Currently Tucker Hill Inn. Business Sold Separately. Convenient Location.
Built in 1923 by the Lunny Family, The Tucker Hill Inn began its existence as a Tea Room named “Lift the Latch Inn” only a block from the busy trolley stop that brought patrons from Waterbury to Lake Quassapaug.
A Grand New England Georgian Colonial with a rich documented history. During the Depression, the Inn fell into hard times. The F-Line Trolley had discontinued service and then Route 64 was constructed which left Lift the Latch Inn “off the beaten path”.
By 1939, the property was purchased by the Pfommer family who ran the Inn for 40 years as a catering hall. In those years many banquets, business meetings and over 900 weddings were held. When the Pfommers retired in 1977, they sold the Inn to a local family. It was then converted to a private residence and remained as such until 1985.
The current owners purchased the home and reopened as the “Tucker Hill Inn”, a Bed & Breakfast.
Despite different owners, The Tucker Hill Inn retains its historic atmosphere, years of memories and its New England charm.